Pages

08 June 2012

Orkut:The Dying Social Network or Should I be saying Dead !!!

Orkut , the most used social network about 2-3 years ago.Sure you all must have used Orkut an also have had some amazing memories with Orkut .Well all of a sudden things changed,I still remember it was my board exams and after i had finished them I realized half of my friends had switched to Facebook.And later it was just all Facebook everywhere.

Sad to see all this but I have to accept the fact that Orkut is dying.
leftorkutimage
orkut_tshirt_new copy
I still remember the day when my cousin brother introduced me to Orkut for the first time and it was so tough to even remember the name ORKUT.Social Networking was new to me and I never even had much friends.Well later things changed an I became an avid social network user.
Your next online destination can be Linked In, Facebook, Twitter or Foursquare but the first social network which taught us the meaning of social network will always remain Orkut!I recently checked out Orkut and i still felt that Orkut is way better than Facebook,The polls look much better(kind of attractive unkie facebook's blue bars),The Scrap concept,testimonials,communities,etc.I request to all those who left Orkut, that they should write on their Orkut updates ‘Thanks Orkut’ rather than ‘Left Orkut’.It was Orkut who taught us Social Networking

Well lets consider what actually led to the doom of the famous network all of a sudden.
1.Orkut switched their look which was almost similar to Facebook.
2.Orkut did not manage to keep up to date with time.
3.Fake Accounts.
4.Orkut thought too much of itself and could not be defeated by anyone. 

Well how long ago did you guys visit your orkut profile??a month ago,a year ago,hmm i just don't remember, that's the answer which we get from most of the people.Recently Google rewarded ‘Google+ user’ badge to Orkut users who also have a Google+ account
Google+ & Orkut IntegrationIt doesn't do much but I am sure in the coming months they would think of importing contacts and other stuff from Orkut to Google +.After all why would they keep wasting money on a Social Network that is dying or should I be saying dead.Well  I would like to say that Google + this post if you want Orkut back or Like this post on Facebook if you think Orkut was better than Facebook and let everyone on Facebook know what Orkut was ,for those who were and weren't members of it. Lastly,share what Orkut gave you or any memory of you and Orkut in the comment box below and make this post a tribute to Orkut.com

Technorati Delicious Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Google Bookmark Yahoo
ma.gnolia squidoo newsvine live netscape tailrank mister-wong blogmarks slashdot spurl

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel free to Share your view with us ....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Search Engine Submission - AddMe Hypersmash.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers